CLEANSWITCH Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer for VOC Control
The CLEANSWITCH® Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) provides simplicity and cost effectiveness in a 2-chamber, single vessel design. For many applications, the CLEANSWITCH® RTO will run in a self-sustaining mode; that is, no additional fuel is required to destroy VOCs and achieve clean air compliance.
Patented Switch Valve
The CLEANSWITCH® RTO valve utilizes a double-air seal and is the only moving part in the unit. The simple oscillating design promotes uniform air distribution and virtually eliminates pressure spikes, resulting in a smooth flow transition between heat recovery chambers. The innovative design makes the CLEANSWITCH® RTO unit the best solution for pressure sensitive processes.
Simple, Modular Design
Designed to reduce RTO complexity, the CLEANSWITCH® RTO provides cost benefits with its flexible, modular design and maintenance-friendly features. Units up to 65,000 SCFM are supplied skid-mounted for fast installation time. These units are 99% factory assembled for a simple and economical installation. A climate-controlled, skid-mounted control house is included for easy access to controls in any type of weather.
CLEANSWITCH® RTO Specifications
- Flow Capacity: 20,000 to 100,000 SCFM
- VOC Destruction Efficiency: 99+%
- Thermal Efficiency: 95 - 97%
- Autothermal Operation: 3-4% LEL
Design Features and Performance Advantages
- Proven design since year 2000 with more than 300 installations
- VOC destruction efficiencies of 99+% to exceed stringent regulatory codes
- Thermal efficiency up to 97% provides reduced operating fuel costs
- Single valve – non-contacting, non-wearing, high pressure air seal provides trouble-free operation, resulting in low maintenance costs
- Smooth valve switching with negligible pressure fluctuation
- Electric valve drive gives quiet operation and reliable performance in severe climate conditions
- Climate-controlled, skid-mounted control house simplifies installation and improves access to the controls
- Factory pre-assembled, pre-wired and pre-tested to provide significant savings of time and money during installation and start-up
- Media chamber – positive separation of media beds without metal divider walls
- Ceramic media bake-out for removal of organic deposits
- Cost effective, engineered ceramic heat exchange media beds with low pressure drop leading to reduced electrical operating costs
- Optional secondary heat recovery by air, hot water, thermal oil, steam, electricity generation or adsorption cooling
Contact B&W MEGTEC to find out why the CLEANSWITCH® RTO is specifically designed for your application.