Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) System for Acid Gas Control
Dry sorbent injection (DSI) systems have been in service for more than 20 years as an effective tool to reduce acid gas levels. Most recently, this technology has been applied to utility, industrial and waste-to-energy applications to mitigate acid gases such as HCl, HF, SO2 and SO3.
- Low Capital Cost
- Low Operation and Maintenance Costs
- Easy to Operate
- Proven Performance
- Technology Features
- Variety of Reagent Options available based on the specific application, existing environmental equipment, reagent economics, waste disposal and the pollutants to be controlled
- Flexible Design – accommodates a variety of injection locations and is available for new or retrofit systems
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling is used to optimize system design
- Particulate Control Device Impact Studies available to determine the effects of sorbent on the entire system, including waste generation and composition prediction
- Major Components Include: truck/rail unloading, silo and reclaim system, weigh hopper and feeder, transport air blowers, proprietary injection lance design, reagent milling (optional)
Design and Operation
B&W MEGTEC offers expertise in the design and development of injection technology and lance design for optimum reagent and gas mixing. Reagent selection is based on the specific application, unit operating conditions, reagent economics and the pollutants to be controlled.
The material storage, handling and transport system can be designed to handle multiple reagents to offer optimum flexibility. In addition, each application will vary depending on the pollutants to be controlled, available residence time and the type of particulate collection device in place.
Contact B&W MEGTEC now to request a FREE quote on our dry sorbent injection system.