Evaporative Gas Cooling and Conditioning Systems
The B&W MEGTEC TurboSonic SoniCool™ evaporative gas cooling and conditioning system helps to protect your downstream equipment, enhance air pollution control performance, reduce gas volumes and increase production capacity.
Turbotak atomizing nozzles introduce a controlled amount of finely atomized water into the hot gas stream in order to reduce and/or maintain gas temperature. The water evaporates to complete dryness, while absorbing heat from the gases, for free-flowing dust, zero liquid discharge, and minimal or no wall buildup.
Design Features and Performance Advantages
- Rapid cooling reduces size requirement of the cooling chamber/duct systems and air pollution control equipment
- Erosion and plug-resistant Turbotak nozzles significantly reduce maintenance costs and downtime
- High capacity single and multiple orifice atomizers reduce the number of nozzles/lances required
- Infinite turndown ratios maintain optimum temperature control
- Completely dry operation eliminates water carryover, refractory spalling, sludge buildup, and water pollution
- Pre-assembled modules reduce field wiring, piping, and installation costs
Our proven design has been used in hundreds of installations. B&W MEGTEC TurboSonic also provides upgrades to existing systems, retrofit or new installations, supplying nozzles, controls, pumps, and cooling tower fabrication.
Contact B&W MEGTEC today to get more information on the TurboSonic SoniCool evaporative gas cooling and conditioning system and find out how it can help to improve your performance.