Environmental Compliance Solutions for Mining and Metallurgical Markets
B&W MEGTEC provides custom-designed atomizing technologies and air pollution control solutions for the non-ferrous metallurgical industry, including aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc and precious metals producers.
The SoniCool™ evaporative gas cooling and conditioning system controls high-temperature furnace and converter off gases, lowering them to temperatures below other spray technologies without wetting problems. By lowering temperature and conditioning the gas stream, the SoniCool system protects downstream equipment from damage and improves the efficiency of downstream air pollution control equipment such as baghouses and electrostatic precipitators.
- Horizontal and vertical coolers
- Waffle hoods
- Cu and Ni converter off gas cooling
- Roaster off gas cooling
- Aluminum anode bake furnace off-gas cooling
To reduce emissions from furnace and converter off-gases, we offer:
- SO2 control using the TurboSorb spray dryer absorber
- Wet electrostatic precipitators, designed to collect fine particulate and sulfuric acid mists from SO2 rich gas streams
Contact B&W MEGTEC today to learn about our evaporative gas cooling and conditioning systems and air pollution control systems for metallurgical and mining applications.